Krewe of Muses! (Mardi Gras)

It's raining... SHOES!

Krewe of Muses, the most anticipated parade of women, the shoe parade!

You're probably thinking how I did when I first heard of a shoe parade... "What the hell is a shoe parade?"

There are two big women parades, Krewe of Nyx and of Muses.  Nyx is a purse parade and Muses is the shoe parade.  At these parades, they throw out hella blinged out shoes and purses and if you catch one (and it's definitely not easy!), it's super awesome!  Something to keep forever!  I didn't go to Nyx mostly cause the threat of pouring rain was enough to keep me inside.  But me and Molly went to Muses!

We actually ended up going to three parades that night because they all started super late and ran the same route, but they were all fun!  We were really sick of getting normal beads so we didn't cheer like crazy like we had at the way beginning of parades... look at us, being all use to normal beads haha.  

Waiting for the parades to start!

Not sure which parade this was, but it was cool.

This guy scarily looks like my friend Roshan!

These guys were hilarious!  At this point, all the floats turned onto another street before this point (because the route finished there) so the bands were all coming in (and still playing!) awkwardly down this street.  These group of guys, loosen tie and everything, were just having a blast playing random beats, blowing that horn, just loving life and music.  It was awesome and fun and I just loved it!

This guy was wearing a skirt and high heels... anything goes at Mardi Gras!

MUSES!!!

Awesome butterfly things!  I think the parade floats and walkers get cooler with each parade.

MOLLY CAUGHT A SHOE!!!!

Giant heel!

The streets are a MESS after the parades!  It's insane.


I don't know how these horses can stand all the people and noise!  Well trained indeed.

Random bike when I opened my door..


 People keep asking me how my Mardi Gras was and to be honest, it was okay.  I didn't go out on Mardi Gras day (shock I know) because I was feeling a little bit under the weather and the threat of rain didn't make it any better.  I'm a lil sad I missed out on the coconut parade (Zulu), but I'm okay with it!  Mardi Gras is known for being a time of debauchery, drink, fun, and apparently family, and besides "fun", I don't associate with any of the others.  

People might be like "it's a once in a life time experience!" which is true, but it's not my once in a life time experience.  It's just not on my list of things that I have to do, or want to do and that's okay with me!  Some people don't consider waking up and sitting at the Mississippi River at sunrise a thing to do, but that's on my list.  I was actually really happy staying in, sleeping, and just being to myself.  I am a little bit of an introvert that way :)

Toodles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About