Home.

As I'm typing this, I can smell the pita mix my mom is making and occasionally looking outside to the grey-ish  Michigan weather.  When I woke up this morning, New Orleans felt like a far far away, pleasant dream.  I will miss it so much, but will try my best to come back from the new friends I made, the food, and just the heart the city has to offer :)  

We left Sunday afternoon after exploring the city a bit more.

Went to Cafe Du Monde!  It was French Quarter Festival so we went early to avoid the crazy lines that I knew were going to happen.

They loved it!

I'm pretty sure my parents never know when I take pictures of them.


Mississippi River :) 


My dad was disappointed by how narrow it was

But still happy to see it.

SIGH.

My apartment building for the past three months.. bye!!!

We went to the French Market which my mom loved!  We couldn't take any pictures though (they ask  you not to), but there had been this watch I really wanted from this store where I got my engagement ring from.  It was $20 though.. and I didn't feel like spending that much.. but luckily, my mom bought me this beautiful one from the market for $8!! Yay!

My parents brought my bear :) I  knew they would.

The hotel we stayed at for the night... had a graveyard in front of it!!!!  But turns out there use to be a church there that was rebuilt a miles down the road, so obvi they couldn't move the graveyard with it.  Less creepy. Ish.

Louiseville!  We passed through it, (Go Cardinals! They won that finals thing for basketball) and it is an AWESOME city.  I also did not know that Muhammad Ali grew up there!  I wouldn't mind visiting this city for kicks




Sup.

There are so many halal places (nice mix of Muslims) in Louisville!  We stopped by this place called Falafel House where I got this nice mint tea from


CRAWFISH!  They were still alive

Ewwwww!

So now I'm officially home!  I guess this is a wrap, my New Orleans journey  now over.  It's been amazing and I don't have words to describe it.  I guess I'll have to start a new adventure here in Michigan :)

I haven't said it enough but thank you everyone in NOLA who made it amazing!!!  Thanks MSU for sending me, TUCHC for keeping me, the MSU girls for keeping it fun, Molly for always being there for me :), and my new friends Rachel, Shaheera, Alex, Luis, etc who made me feel welcomed :)  Sigh... I'll just have to take a lil bit of NOLA and bring it here.. starting with the sun!  At least it's shining now haha.  

This blog is a wrap!  I'll be posting my current, less interesting MI (jk.. maybe) adventures at my old blog which you can click on the link!  Thanks for reading and being with me during this journey :)  

Toodles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About