Mis-adventurers/Mini #8: The Haircut

To start off, I'd like to say that I've cut my hair before without any serious incident.  In fact, the very first time I cut my hair, a lot of people on Eid were giving me compliments right and left!  I cut my hair with a new method a monthish ago and it came out really well!

So.. this incident is not to say "don't ever cut your own hair at home!".  Do it... just be more careful/less tired than I was >_<

So my hair has been giving me a lot of grief lately.  Flat, kind of long with no shape to it.  So I thought i'd try to give myself long round layers with a new method... that's where it went wrong.

First off.. I wasn't being very careful, I was doing it haphazardly.  So I started to cut and more and more and I realized my upper layers are becoming really short and not at all how I want them to be.  We are talking really choppy and short layers!!

I freaked out!!!  And in mid cutting.. I stopped!  And I googled local hair salons so someone could fix what damage I started!

Luckily, the lady at the salon (City Salon, she was really nice! The whole salon actually a nice vibe.. too bad I was too panicked and awkward to appreciate it) managed to blend in my layers and only had to snip off a little bit (1.5 inches.. sort of a lot to me) to make it blend all together.  So it doesn't look bad, it's really voluminous.. but it's not my personal style.  Especially when I've been growing out my hair to be like the long, Bollywood tresses of the 90s!!  

But at least the haircut made my hair a lot healthier and it'll obviously grow.. so yay for new styles!

So it sort of looks like Rachel's hair from Friends, but longer!  Definitely a good 5-6 inches longer.  But those short layers!


Before:

Long bangs, long hair, long layers.  But flat.  But long!

After:


I acknowledge that these are horrible pictures and it looks like the usual, but do you see those short layers?  They're heavily weighted on my left side, it gives this volume and shape that I'm not use to at all!  But it is hair, so it will grow!  And now I can work on making it really healthy!  And heavy bangs.. I tucked them behind my ear in this picture, but for reals, I was not expecting this haircut.  Honestly, it's not a bad haircut at all, it just not my personal style.

So yeah.. don't try new methods that are meant to be used on someone else on yourself.. it won't work!!

Toodles!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About