Sights, Scenes, Things I Can't Believe

Today has been an eventful day and also a tiring day one at that.  Settling in is starting to hit more and this city seems bigger than life.  Knowing the streets, places, how to get around, it all seems very overwhelming and it makes me a little nervous!  Kind of made me wish I had a smartphone just in case I got lost... (Lets hope it doesn't happen.. often.)

Anyways I was pleased to see that the day started with some sun!

Sneak peek

And then commenced the walking.  I like walking, walking is a good exercise and if it's a perfect day out (which it rarely is in Michigan) then I enjoy it.  However... Michigan is not known for it's public transportation nor its walkability (New word, BOOM).  I mostly took buses around campus and when I'm in Novi, I take a car pretty much 99.99% of the time... my legs are not use to hours of walking!  I'm excited about getting use to it though, but then I'll spoil myself here and go back to cars.. weee

I like the stark difference between these two buildings

These balconies are SO pretty!

So we're walking down a street and we stumble upon a movie shoot.  Camera, crew people, lighting, the works.  There weren't that many people so I didn't figure it was anyone real famous... but I noticed the girl looked  a lot like Alexis Bledel.. and I made a comment and the other girls in my group were like ".. I think that is!"  ::commence freak out:: 

OMGOMGOMGOMG

OMGOMGOMGOMG

Apparently they were shooting for a movie called Remember Sunday (I am totally seeing it just cause I want to see this part!).  SHE IS SO FRICKING CUTE!  I wish I had the guts to try to meet her, but I am not as brave as I thought... plus, our group had things to do!  The guy is Zachary Levi from Chuck!  I still cannot believe that I saw her in person.... like OMG!

Then we continued to be creeps and visited Brad Pitt's and Angelina Jolie's house!

This is the not the house.. took a picture of the wrong house haha.

VERY well placed tree!  But this is their actual house.

Kitten!  Probably hungry :(

Small doors!  Morgan is modeling how tiny these doors are :)

So pwetty!

Beautiful church!  There's a lot around here.

Princess and the Frog Church!  Bad angle


Free live music in the French Quarter :)

Hello New Orleans!  City life (Has not hit  me)

Went with my girls and ate at Johnny's Po-boys where I got a shrimp po-boy!  It was really yummy!

For dinner, prepared a spinach salad with tilapia, strawberries and apples.

I do have to say one thing about the food.  It is good, but it is so realllly (so far in my two day experience) very fried.  It's NOLA style, but I sort of gave up fried foods just cause I do not like the way they make my body feel.  It is delicious, but oh gosh, it makes me feel sluggish!  Luckily I plan eating more meals in than out so eating something fried or heavy once a week should be a good balance :)

Anyways.. I am beat. Toodles.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About