More Homecooking!

Past week!  Snapped some pictures.

THIS is the hollandaise sauce!  But I have no idea what that yellow substance was on the other fish.. maybe egg yolk?  No idea, I'm sure it was delicious.  But pan seared salmon with potatoes (of course) on the side.

So the other night, I was in the mood to make pizza.  From scratch.  I followed this no yeast dough recipe and made my own white sauce (my tomato pasta sauce got moldy) and topped it with two different type of cheese and all these yummy toppings.

It looked DELICIOUS when I brought it out of the oven.. and then I took a bite...

LE HORROR!

It was awful I had to spit it out, the dough was so so bad!  Too much baking soda?  (My mom later informed me I could have done without it.. whoops).    I was so sad... and I went out and bought a frozen pizza to remedy my pain.  

So the next day, I had this perfect half of an avocado (from a presentation at the Ashe center about natural beauty/home cleaning... amazing place!  Mama Jamilla is the most kindest person you could ever meet!) that was just made for guacamole.. but I had no tortilla or chips to eat it with. 

The dilemma of buying chips (and having an awkward half of the bag left) or to just.. use it on something else?  After the pizza fiasco, I decided on NEITHER! 


Shrimp guac.. very small, but tasty.

Homemade tortilla flour chips.

All you gotta do is make some flour tortillas, cut them up in 8ths, sprinkle some oil and salt and bake! Viola!  I had delicious chips to complement my guac!  

Definitely worth the effort and made up for the pizza disaster! 

Toodles


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About