Ramblings: NOLA Edition #1

I always talk about how life is journey, how we find ourselves, what we discover, what we want, is all a process that never ends.  If your end goal is striving to be a better person, to be more comfortable with yourself, then good for you!  But hey, I'm no expert, you gotta do whatever you need to do.

I guess I'm talking about myself more than anything.  New York never sleeps?  New Orleans always seems to be awake, especially now.  So much to do, so much to see and eat, and whatnot.  It's so easy to get lost in the crowd, to forget your identity, to want to be free spirited and be with the wind.  

But sometimes being "free" isn't what everyone envisions.  This past year, I've been very much on a soul searching expedition.  I feel like there's so much about myself I really don't know and I thought NOLA would be perfect for that.  I've learned a lot bout myself so far, but I really wanna push the envelope even further.  

A dream I can chase, a new person to know, just me in a great big old city with my thoughts.  Sometimes we forget that living well is the best treat we can give ourselves.  Be kind, be happy to yourself, and do not give a second thought to anything else that makes you unhappy.  Unless you're trying to solve world hunger, then you might wanna deal with it. :P

But in all serious, there's so much opportunity for discovery here that I have been completely overlooking.  Shift your objectives, shift your outlook, do the unusual and everything can change in a second.

This year is the year for me.  Make this year the year for you.  You don't need to move away to a new city to discover yourself.. just shift mentally.  Rediscovery is great like that, it can be done anywhere.

Don't restrict yourself from new things but don't forget what has made you be you.  Just throw out the things that don't matter.  Simple.

That's how life should be. Simple.

Simplify your life.  I'm sure it feels a lot better. 

:)

Toodles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About